Wednesday, May 25, 2011

No longer - DESPERATELY SEEKING DENTAL WORK

**UPDATE**

Yay!  My brother developed an absess which sounds bad but is actually good!

Now the insurance is going to kick in and pay for his teeth to get fixed.  It will be a long painful process that will require some teeth being pulled and a denture being fitted, but his life will be so much better!
*****

Original Post: May 30, 2010


Does anyone know of a dental charity that is free or low cost? Here is my problem.
I am 13 years older than my youngest brother and was out of the house by the time he started kindergarten. My mother was very neglectful of him and he's only seen a dentist around twice in his life. As a result his teeth are in bad shape. My mother told me she had them fixed 2 years ago. I had a chance to visit him last weekend and was very shocked to find out she lied to me.

He is 24 years old, is attending college part time, a good looking guy, been married to a sweet girl for 3.5 years (who is also going to college) and has an
 adorable 17 month old son. We all remember how hard things were when we were young and starting out and it's harder on him because of his teeth. He works 3 jobs sometimes to provide for his family, but the kinds of jobs he can get are limited because of his teeth (pizza delivery, barback, etc...)


He's additionally limited because in 2003 he was in a near fatal car crash that left him in the hospital for weeks. In addition to other injuries he broke his pelvis in several places, which was re-injured during basic training the following year resulting in him being discharged from the Army. He now is under a doctors care for pain management and has petitioned for disability since he uses a cane to help mobility. This keeps him from being able to get better paying jobs in construction, labor and mechanical fields.

If we could start by getting the top front 4 teeth fixed (or pulled and get a bridge/denture) I think it would help him a great deal. They are the first thing people see when they meet him and they look like a meth addicts teeth (Mountain Dew mouth) and he doesn't do drugs, but I'm sure that's the impression people get.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! My husband and I can help him if we can find a low cost dental solution, but the work he needs done would run close to $10k full price. If we can just get those front 4 teeth done to start with, he'll be able to get a better job and we'll be able to help him with the rest!

HE WOULDN'T LET ME TAKE A PICTURE OF HIM SHOWING HIS TEETH, BUT IF WE COULD FIND SOMEONE THAT WAS WILLING TO TRY AND HELP, I'M SURE HE WOULD ALLOW PICTURES FOR THAT BECAUSE IT'S WHAT HE NEEDS MORE THAN ANYTHING TO HELP HIM IMPROVE HIS SITUATION AND HELP HIM OVERCOMEHIS DEPRESSION.

He is Cherokee Indian (Native American) from his dad if that would help find a charity.

Please feel free to contact me for his information via this blog, email, my Facebook ("Find Me On Facebook" link is at top of page), carrier pigeon, owl, whatever works for you. I just need to find some help for him



Go to my Blog