Tuesday, April 3, 2012

My Sisters in Law and the Wizard of Oz



So, when I was ordering my sister-in-law an awesome pair of pink shoes with little shiny, silver spikes, it occurred to me that my Sisters in Law are just like the Wizard of Oz!

Let me explain...


I have Glinda, the Good Witch of the North (who lives in Maine).  She is the sweet, kind-hearted sister in law that I just refer to as "my sister" because  I love her so much.  I am so fortunate to finally have sister in my life and to have her is awesome.  
The anime picture above is for her because she loves anime.



And then there is the Wicked Witch of the West 
(who, concidentally lives in California). 
It is fitting that Baum didn't giver her a name because we never bother talking about her, so a name is irrelevant as it applies to this allegory.  She is a pointy chinned, obsessive, vindictive shrew who delights in making others miserable.  


She even has her own Winged Monkey who is apparently intelligent enough to speak and follow her commands, but not enough so to formulate intelligent thought.




Too bad a simple bucket of water won't dispense of her...