Friday, June 3, 2011

Only the 3rd and June just keeps throwing the punches...

Went to the Doctor this morning because I was interested in the NovaSure procedure and upon completion of an ultrasound, he found 2 tumors on my uterus. 

So now I have to have a hysterectomy in the next few weeks.  The hardest part is waiting for the biopsy after the hysterectomy to see if I have cancer again or if the tumors are benign.  Fun!  At least I know what the pressure I've been feeling finally is.  When my uterus swells the tumor is putting pressure on my bladder causing the uncomfortable, pressure, bloaty feeling.

An intersting discovery during the ultrasound, chemo drastically shrank my left ovary and it just about killed my right ovary to the point the doctor could barely find it, so menopause is probably not far away, though it's hard to know exactly how long. 
I am not looking forward to menopause again!  The nightsweats were terrible and it's not fair that cancer patients have to go through it twice!  Haven't we been through enough?

At the same time, Flapjacks bloodwork came back pretty good and the only abnormality in his Xrays was his enlarged heart.  So his lymph node biopsy will be a week from Monday so we'll find out if he has cancer in about 2 weeks.

It's non-stop party at our house!

On the brighter side, I now have readers in 15 countries!  I can't believe there are people out there with as much time on their hands as I have!