Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Hair today, Gone tomorrow...

Well I am 14 days post my first chemo dose and everytime I touch my head, my hand comes back with a clump of hair stuck to it. I've decided to shave off my hair once it starts really coming out for several reasons. First, it makes a mess! There's hair all over your pillow, your clothes and everywhere else. Second, you have to clean the shower drain every time you take a shower to remove the clog. Third, I'm not too vain about my hair, it'll grow back and hey, I haven't seen my natural color in 19 years so it will be a treat (except for the grey hairs that are bound to be there by now)! Finally, August in San Antonio, TX is a great month to be bald!



Personally, I blame my good friend Deb Price-Page. My hair didn't start falling out until I was on the phone with her today. Muah! You know I love you Deb!



Second Chemo is scheduled for tomorrow morning. One interesting side effect is the clumsiness! I am dropping everything and stumbling over my words making me sound pretty kooky!