Monday, October 1, 2012

Thank You Pulmonary Associates of Richmond (PAR)!


Everything was great.  This was my second attempt at a sleep study.  I was treated so badly at my last one in San Antonio I spent an hour on the phone with my husband before I finally ripped off the sensors and left.

Needless to say I was very anxious when I arrived last night.

Wade & Karen were great.  They instantly put me at ease and were exceptionally nice.  I checked in at 8:30 and by 9:30 I was snuggled under the covers.
My room from the entry door

The room was very nice, spotless and included an oscillating fan which is wonderful for me because I sleep with one every night.  If you prefer they have a very large, super comfy recliner you can sleep in if that would be more comfortable than the bed. 

Huge comfy recliner with massage
If you have episodes of Apnea during the night, they wake you and hook you up to a CPAP machine then let you go back to sleep.  During the consultation appointment they have you try a couple of different masks to find out which you prefer so if you need one during the study, they have it all ready for you.  Luckily I didn't so I got to sleep through the night undisturbed.

My room from the bathroom

They encouraged me to just do whatever I normally would do and go to sleep when I was tired.  They provided DISH Network Satellite (no timer on the TV though, which struck me as odd) and free WiFi.  I plugged my headphones into my iPad, played Law & Order on Netflix and I was out before the episode was over.
Hand held, nickle plated pulsating shower head
DISH Network


Lastly, Jerry sent me this picture of my boys watching the front door waiting for me to come home.

They knew it was dark and if daddy was home, mommy should be here too!