Thursday, March 1, 2012

Getting a few laps in before the kids get here

My building at work is actually very convenient for getting a little exercise in on my lunch break.  

We have a 5 lane competition pool and a high school size regulation basketball court that both sit quiet most of the day until the kids start coming in at 3:00. 

The gymnasium comes in handy because even though the daylight is lasting a little longer, until the time changes again next month, it still gets dark too early to walk laps around the lake after work with Jerry and taking the dogs around the neighborhood just isn't the same.  They love the lake!

The only downside to walking a 20 minute mile (3.0 MPH) for 30 minutes in a circle?  It does make me a little dizzy!  I probably wouldn't have the little dizzy feeling if I didn't spend the entire walk looking down at my iPhone playing Bejeweled...

I haven't tried out the pool yet, mainly because at the end of the day all I want to do is go home and in the morning, all I want to do is hit snooze!  Maybe I'll give it a try this summer...