Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Meds working pretty well on the tremors

Well over the last few months the medication has really helped the tremors to the point where they have become almost non existent.

On occasion I still get "twitches" of either the rectus muscles that control the eye or the procerus muscles around the eye.  I'm not really sure which one is doing the twitching since they're stacked on top of each other.  I don't think they're noticeable as more than a small flutter to anyone looking at me so that's good.  Best of all I can write anytime I want to without my hand shaking too much to control the pen.  Yay!

I've learned to pretty much work with the numbness in my fingers.  It's a little annoying but adaptable and less noticeable than my fingers going cold on one hand.

The most frustrating thing is the shooting pain that goes through my toes with no warning.  I'm walking along, enjoying my day when all of a sudden it feels like someone jabbed hot needles in my toe.  The frustrated thing is that I never know what toe will be struck or how long it will last.  Sometimes it  lasts for a few minutes, sometimes a few days.  Occasionally it keeps me from hiking but, not too often.

The main thing I'm focusing on right now is building my strength and endurance and firming up the jelly sacks.