Tuesday, March 22, 2005

This is the week

I go for my first post-cancer follow up visit with my Hematologist on Thursday. Hopefully he'll say it is OK to have my final procedure, surgery to remove my Medi-Port, and I'll be able to go off Coumadin. It's the only med I'm still taking. If he clears me I'll be able to go to the gym and drop all the extra pounds the steroids made me gain. From the 50 I initially lost before Cancer, the steroids put 20 back on. I suppose it could have been worse, but I'm looking forward to getting at least back to where I was when I started Chemo. Of course I was still trying to lose 15 pounds when Chemo started. Figures I'd fall into the Cancer group that gains weight with their drugs instead of loosing it.

Thanks to everyone for all your phone calls and emails of support. I'll let you know what happens after I see my Doc on Thursday.