Sunday, October 10, 2004

Anyone get the number of the truck that hit me!!

Well I definately got a reality check this weekend! On Friday I went for my post-chemo injection. Jerry's been working nights so I haven't seen him much without tubes protruding out of my chest, so we spent the day together for the first time in a few weeks. We did a little shopping and for the first time in our marriage bought something totally frivolous and impractical. Maybe it was the chemo brain affecting my judgment, but we threw logic to the wind and picked up a projection TV. It will take us until the end of next year to pay off, but we don't go out much and other than the mortgage, we have no debt so we figure what the hell. The TV was being delivered but we brought the stand home to assemble ahead of time. I was helping Jerry carry it in (it wasn't really heavy) and before I even picked it up my heart started to pound so hard I though it was going to explode in my chest. Then I got lightheaded and dizzy and almost passed out. I can't even really describe what it felt like, only that I never want to feel like that again. I've never felt such fatigue so suddenly in my life. It really freaked us both out.