Monday, February 6, 2012

Starting Juicing All Over Again

Well the diet went to hell these past 3 weeks being home and bored... BUT, with a new permanent job starting tomorrow I am rededicating myself to our juicing.  It is very hard for me to stick with it when I'm home 24/7 but I find it very easy to do when I'm working.

I am basically starting all over again and will have to work twice as hard to catch up with Jerry who dropped approx 24 pounds in January and is looking great!

My breakfast and lunch are already to go for tomorrow.  One thing I have noticed not drinking my green juice everyday these past 3 weeks is that the new skin softness I was experiencing has faded a bit.

My green juice is very simple and makes approx 24 ounces (use the chop blade to get smooth drink with no pulpy texture) depending on how "juicy" the cucumber is which fits perfectly in my Tervis insulated mug for me to sip throughout the day with my water/tea, etc...

2 cups spinach,
2 cups cucumber,
8 ounces coconut water,
2 tbsp flax seed

Drinking a whole cucumber everyday has been wonderful for my skin.  This winter I had almost no dry skin and it was very soft and clear.  I'm sure the spinach and V8 Fusion have helped also, but I think the extra cucumber is the key to wonderful looking and feeling skin.

Even if you don't juice, I would recommend running a cucumber through the blender everyday for a refreshing drink.

And from "Don't Tell Mom the Babysitters Dead"



Rose: Why don't you go on home, have a glass of wine and put some cucumber slices on your eyes, you'll feel much better.
Sue Ellen: Well, I'm all out of cucumbers.
Rose: Sue Ellen, every girl over twenty-five should have a cucumber in the house.